About The Position
Hi, we’re Gravie. We improve the way employers offer health benefits and provide employees coverage they can actually use. We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help build out and support our data infrastructure as we grow.
· Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
· Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
· Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
· Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
· Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
· Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, and Data Scienceteams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
· Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
· Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
· Demonstrate the Gravie competencies of authenticity, creativity, curiosity and outcome orientation.
· Bachelor’s Degree, an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
· 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
· Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
· Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
· Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
· A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
· Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
This position is exempt.