Strategic Account Manager
About The Position
Hi, we’re Gravie. We improve the way employers offer health benefits and provide employees coverage they can actually use. As the primary contact with our largest and most strategic employer customers, the Strategic Account Manager works to understand and optimizes Gravie’s employer relationships. The Strategic Account Manager will work closely with sales, member advisors, service operations, marketing and product development teams to deliver superior service. Building strong relationships based on a foundation of trust, true partnership and expertise in health insurance and employer benefits is your specialty. You enjoy helping people find solutions and answers to their tough questions, anticipate questions and needs and you can explain complex subjects to a variety of audiences.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with Gravie’s most important clients and their brokers by understanding employer business goals, needs and challenges and work closely with internal departments to ensure Gravie addresses those needs.
- Engage with and build relationships with a variety of client contacts within the organization, including C-suite and primary decision makes and the broker organization.
- Work closely with the employer and broker to identify their goals and business objectives and create a comprehensive account management plan to reach and exceed those goals.
- Plan for and present quarterly progress reports on those goals to the client and broker and also internally when needed. Summarize anyinitiatives and results clearly and concisely.
- Ensure our customers and brokers are thrilled with Gravie’s services and products by collaborating with internal teams to ensure everyone’s is working toward the same objective
- Analyze your customers plan performance and claims information, identify trends and patterns of behavior with members. Partner with your customers to highlight your findings, build strategies to address opportunities and execute on them for improvement.
- Be an advocate for your client’s needs. Dig deep to identify the root cause of any employer concerns or requests, communicate your employer’s requests internally and advocate for their needs and work to remove manual processes and roadblocks for your customers.
- Help facilitate relationships between your customer and other Gravie leaders, making sure we have strong partner relationships and the voice of our customer permeates our organization.
- Work with marketing to create case studies and testimonials.
- Work to continuously improve Gravie’s overall Account Management strategies and processes.
- Serve your clients as a subject matter expert for Gravie’s products and services
- Maintain a cadence of proactive outreach, including regularly scheduled meetings and phone calls.
- Meet or exceed employer retention goals.
- Provide accurate and timely answers to client questions.
- Ensure new employer clients have a smooth transition from sales and have a successful new client implementation experience.
- Facilitate kick-off meetings to employers’ populations.
- Ability to travel (in-state and out-of-state) for in-person quarterly or/and renewal presentations
- Research and resolve client issues and elevated member issues from Gravie’s advisor team.
- Effectively use and document client information in our CRM system.
- Be knowledgeable of all Gravie offerings and the regulatory and compliance requirements of each offering.
- Demonstrate Gravie’s core competencies: authenticity, curiosity, creativity, empathy and outcome orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous account management or customer relationship experience with level or self funded health plans
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, research and resolve problems and to effectively manage time-critical issues
- Highly organized and effective time management skills
- Clear and effective communicator, including public speaking and written communications.
- Ability to work collaboratively across team sand functions
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to analyze data and translate into action plans
- Energetic, positive attitude and self-motivated
- Previous experience in a start-up or emerging growth company
- Experience managemstrategic accountent experiences
- Experience establishing processes and standards for superior customer service