As the primary contact with our customers, the Senior Account Manager works to understand client needs and exceed their expectations. The account manager will work closely with the head of client services, member advisor team, product development and the sales team.
- Manage ongoing relationships with Gravie clients – staying aware of client insurance and benefit goals, needs and challenges, and ensuring Gravie clients are happy with their Gravie services and offerings.
- Using data analysis and product knowledge, develop account plans for complex clients to evaluate business needs, set goals and make recommendations for Gravie products/services.
- Ensure employer retention goals are met or exceeded.
- Ensure proactive outreach and relationships with Gravie clients – including regularly scheduled meetings and phone calls.
- Educate employer clients about Gravie’s product and services.
- Conduct or oversee implementation activities for new complex clients, including employee enrollment or kick off meetings.
- Provide accurate and timely answers to employer customer’s questions, leveraging research and internal or carrier teams to find resolutions.
- Ensure new employer customers receive and accurately complete appropriate set-up documents and route completed items to internal teams.
- Act as liaison between sales team and new employer clients.
- Research and resolve complex client issues and elevated member issues from Gravie’s member advisor team.
- Help drive continuous improvement processes for Gravie’s Account Management services.
- Coach and mentor other team members; sharing new ideas, solutions and initiatives.
- Participate in sales and marketing activities as needed.
- Work on special projects
- Stay knowledgeable of all Gravie offerings and the regulatory and compliance requirements of each offering.
- Travel as needed (5-10%) to meet with clients
Building strong relationships based on a foundation of trust and benefit insurance expertise is your specialty. You enjoy helping people find solutions and answers to tough questions and you can explain complex subjects to a variety of audiences. You have been successful in demonstrating Gravie’s core competencies of authenticity, curiosity, creativity and outcome orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years client relationship management or account management experience
- Active Minnesota Insurance Producer license, or commitment to complete licensing within 3 months of starting
- At least 3 years of account management experience in health insurance or health care industry
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to effectively manage time-critical issues
- Experience working in highly dynamic environment (start up or emerging growth company) and comfortable researching and solving problems with minimal guidance
- Highly organized and effective time management skills
- Clear and effective communicator, including public speaking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across a team and functions
- Energetic, positive attitude and self motivated