Gravie is looking for a dynamic Corporate Controller to lead the company’s accounting and finance function and support the company’s leadership team. The role demands an eye for detail, strong communication and interpersonal skills, technical accounting knowledge, and the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects concurrently. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a background in public accounting and working with startups to assume a critical role in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Oversee the operations of the account department, including the design of a finance structure that supports the department and company goals.
- Ensure all accounts, ledgers and period-end closes are in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports – clearly communicating monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; monitoring progress and changes and providing ongoing communication and updates around Gravie’s financial status.
- Provide expertise and manage technical accounting decision making in multiple key areas, including revenue recognition, stock compensation and tax related expenses.
- Helps manage risk by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll and improve efficiencies in these areas
- Oversee operational finance, including payment processing and customer billing
- Own revenue cycle management, including the reconciliation of carrier commissions and processes to maximize collections.
- Implement a documented and clear system of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist Gravie’s leadership team in the annual budgeting and planning process; compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate.
- Establish benchmarks against which to measure the performance of the company
- Prepare all statutory financial filings for Gravie and coordinate with regulatory bodies as necessary
- Own the execution of year-end financial audits and tax return preparation
- Manage and develop the accounting team; providing feedback and growth opportunities
- Demonstrate commitment to core Gravie competencies of being authentic, curious, creative and outcome-oriented
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field; CPA is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years relevant prior experience; including previous leadership positions in accounting
- Previous experience managing financial reporting, analysis, AP/AR, general ledger, payroll and compliance, and overseeing audit activities
- Experience in starts up and larger (public) companies is a plus
- Previous revenue recognition experience is required
- Strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Experience designing and implementing financial controls and processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience building, mentoring and motivating teams and attracting and retaining talent
How to Apply:
Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org