Calling all non-traditional job seekers!! In addition to our regular full-time roles, Gravie is seeking a group of temporary Gravie advisors and associate advisors who will be passionate about Gravie and are looking to work August thru December. This opportunity could be perfect for people between jobs, retirees, anyone looking for additional seasonal income or dipping a toe back into the workforce. And, if it works for both of us, we can explore regular, full time employment at the end of Open Enrollment.
Gravie advisors help our members find the best match for health insurance and other health-related benefits. Their goal is to help members feel comfortable with selecting and buying their health benefits and be happy with the process.
- Assist members in understanding their health insurance policy coverage options and available subsidies, if applicable, including:
- Reviewing policy details, comparing coverage options and selecting a health insurance option most suited to their needs
- Understanding difference between health insurance coverage available on the public exchanges (e.g. MNSure) and directly from insurance carriers
- Determining the availability of tax credits and/or employer subsidies, and evaluating the best option
- Assist members in managing their payment information and in resolving any payment discrepancies with insurance carriers
- Resolve and document member issues accurately and thoroughly; communicate results in a manner that results in an outstanding member experience
- Ensure member activity database is kept up to date with contact information, policy information and renewal census data
- Assist members with quoting coverage and renewals as needed
- Maintain strong sales and service relationships with carrier representatives, general agencies and third party administrators
- Be willing to maintain a flexible work schedule, based upon the needs of the business
- Demonstrate commitment to core Gravie competencies of being authentic, curious, creative and outcome-oriented
YOU BRING: You are passionate about helping people navigate the confusing world of health insurance and benefits. Providing outstanding customer service day-in and day-out is totally your thing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Active Minnesota Insurance Producer license, or commitment to complete licensing within 3 months of starting
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of individual health insurance products
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, shift gears comfortably, and decide and act without having the total picture
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with all types of individuals
- Ability to learn quickly, follow directions, and follow through accurately and in a timely manner
- Experience with entering/updating data in electronic databases, and with Microsoft Office software suite, especially Word and Excel
- Proven ability to get results and thrive in an unstructured and evolving environment