Gravie is seeking a dynamic actuary to establish and grow the company’s health actuarial function. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful start-up company as the actuarial expert for its innovative new initiatives. This role will primarily be focused on actuarially developing and supporting new lines of insurance products, but there will be opportunities to support other company divisions and strategic planning as well.
- Own all actuarial responsibilities associated with bringing new insurance products to market. This includes designing, maintaining, and optimizing premium pricing models; modeling claims, losses, and reserves; and providing various other pricing and risk analyses.
- Draw upon your analytical, creative, and problem solving skills to translate business needs into actuarially sound solutions.
- Build models, tools, and reports to meet the needs of various business owners.
- Independently identify needs for assessing risk and uncertainty, develop an actionable plan to get results – and then execute upon that plan.
- Readily and comfortably confront the ambiguity and unknowns that go along with working in a fast-paced startup environment and creating new products. This will involve making reasonable assumptions and bringing a combination of expertise and an open mind to bear to find creative solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of health actuarial experience
- Previous experience with introducing new insurance products
- Advanced actuarial technical skills
- Deep understanding of health insurance and reinsurance products
- Very strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple critical projects
- Excellent attention to detail, while still remaining focused on core business objectives
- Strong teamwork
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Habits of excellent organization, time management, and responsiveness
- A flexible attitude and ability to work independently with limited direction
- Demonstrated commitment to core Gravie competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, and results oriented
- Prior experience working in a startup company
- ASA – (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation]